Letter To Winter | Blogmas Day 5


Dear Winter, I'm cold.

I'm sitting in my living room with a blanket wrapped around me, the heat on, my laptop on my legs, the oven on, and I feel as if every breath is about to turn into an icicle.

Normally I'm a fan of the cold - I'd always rather be cold than hot.

But today, the cold has travelled through my skin and into my bones, chilling the atmosphere as well as my mood. It's the first time I've truly understood why people get upset when it gets cold outside.

However, this isn't a letter to the cold, this is a letter to winter.

And I love winter.

I love the season. I love the way that people act in the winter. They drink hot chocolate and put up decorations and the world seems to spin a little slower, to relax and calm down, and that's something that I definitely need.

I love that Winter makes you colder, because it's the best excuse for wearing comfy clothes, ugg boots and having a hot drink permanently attached to your hand.

I've been writing these letters to Winter for the past 4 years, and it feels like nothing's changed.

Winter still means to me what it meant then. It's still my favourite season, it's still the period of time that I love the most.

This time of year is filled with no expectations, and I love that about it.

Didn't do your essays? It's OK, it was Christmas.

Put on a few pounds? It's fine, it was Christmas.

Forgot to work out? No one expects you to, it was Christmas.

Want to stay home for weeks on end watching movies and literally not leaving your bed? Go for it, it's Christmas. What else should you be doing?

For me, it reminds me of why my favourite time of day is the hours between 10pm and 3am. In that time I watch movies, write chapters of fanfic, and just allow myself to not worry or think about what the next day has in store for me. Because that period of time is the period when nothing is expected of me.

So, thanks for coming around again Winter, although next time, can we have the temperature up by a few degrees?

What are you thoughts about Winter?

It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 6!

Comments

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'