My 2017 Summer Reading List!


Hey Guys x

Happy March 1st!

I've had major problems with these pictures, so please forgive me if they're not the best quality. My camera is on it's way out, so I ended up having to take pictures on my phone. Then it took so long to get the pictures from the phone to the laptop, I definitely nearly gave up. Nevertheless, I managed to get them and edit them, so hopefully they're at least halfway decent!



I finish uni on the 10th of May. I am so lucky with that date, because it means that I have months of free time to play with, and a lot of that time will include reading these books!

Last year I got through 6 of the books on my reading list, as well as two that weren't on it because, at the time, they hadn't come out yet. This year, I'm hoping to beat that. There are two books that I'll be including that haven't been released yet, but I'll mention them at the end.

I have to say, I really don't have high hopes for myself this year, but I'll try my best to get through as many as possible!

'Nobody's Girl' and 'Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done'





These are the books that I read every year without fail. I start my summer off with them every year, and then I don't touch them for the rest of the year so that I don't get sick of them. These are my two favourite books in the entire world, so much so that they're practically falling apart. However, this year I will be reading them again, and hoping that they stay together long enough for me to get all the way through!
They're coming-of-age novels, both about girls who have to get out of their comfort zones to 'find themselves', with varying degrees of success! If they were going to be sitcoms, 'Nobody's Girl' would be a drama (a la '90210' or something) while 'Ten Things' would definitely be more of a comedy (a la 'New Girl') - definitely both worth a read!

The Vampire Diaries


I don't know if you know this or not, but I am OBSESSED with TVD, the TV show. I bought this book when I first started watching it. I knew I liked it, but I wasn't a huge fan (like I am now) so I put it on the back seat. However, now I've finished all 8 seasons of the show, I feel like it's a really good time to start the book. I know it's going to be different from the show, but I'm still so excited to start reading it!

My Not So Perfect Life


I'm a huge Sophie Kinsella fan, so every year, I always put her newest book on my reading list. I bought this the day it came out and I'm pretty sure I haven't even read the blurb. But I will be reading it because everything she writes is golden. I'll obviously review it when I finish reading it, but I think it's going to be very promising! From what I can tell, it's about how the life that you show on Instagram (for example) is never going to show reality, which is a really interesting topic, maybe for a blog post in the future...

Dream A Little Dream


So, yes I've already read this. I'm a huge fan of Gi (Giovanna Fletcher) and I own every word that she's ever published. This is one of (if not my absolute) favourtie books of hers, so when I was looking for books to add to this list, I knew I wanted to read it again! It's been at least a year and a half since I last read it, so I'm hoping I've forgotten a few of the surprises along the way so that I can be surprised all over again!

Saving Grace


I've had this book for ages, so I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not having read it yet. I've read two of Jane Green's books and loved them, which is why I bought this one. I'm forcing myself to read this no matter what, because it's ridiculous that I haven't read it yet. Plus, from what I can remember of the blurb, it looks great! It's about a woman whose husband gets a new assistant, who essentially makes her feel like an outsider in her own home. Such a good plot!

The Lie


I read a book by C. L. Taylor last year (The Accident) and I loved it SO much that I basically bought this as soon as I'd finished it. I can't wait to get stuck into this because I love the way she writes, and her stories always sound so scary and thrilling! Definitely a change from the chick-lit that I usually go for! Please check out her work if you haven't! When I read The Accident, I couldn't remember the last time I'd been so captivated by a novel, and since then, I still haven't.

From Notting Hill With Love... Actually


I've heard so much about this book! It's been in my Amazon 'save for later' section for over a year, so on a whim, I decided to just get it. I am a chick-flick girl at heart, I love reading people falling in love and it will always be my go-to genre, so I assume that I will love this book. And I mean, the book references both 'Notting Hill' and 'Love Actually', and the first line in the books references Julia Roberts - what more could I want?

Pretty Little Liars


I guess you probably haven't heard of this show. It's not huge or anything. People don't talk about it a lot, it doesn't trend on twitter, it's not one of those shows that everyone is addicted to or anything. Of course not.
Um... is there anything else I really need to say? I mean, you totally know why this is on the list.

Miracle On 5th Avenue



My best friend bought me this for Christmas last year and I can't wait to finally read it! Like the one above, it seems like just a genuine lovely romance novel. I can't wait to get stuck in and see the main character fall in love with whatever man she comes across! And also, it's a Christmas novel - without a doubt the most magical time of year! I.E. the best time to set a love story!

Gone Girl


I got this book years and years ago from a friend for my birthday. I started reading it when I first got it and got halfway through, and I was loving it! Then exams started and I closed it, and didn't open it since. I've seen the film and didn't really care for it (I now love Ben Affleck, so I'll definitely be checking it out again!) but I've been told that the book is so much better than the film, so I can't wait to read this!

Summer in the City


I am a huge 'Sex and the City' fan! I read the prequel to this book 'The Carrie Diaries' and I loved it, so I immediately bought this book! I think I've had this for a good few years and got a few pages in and loved it. I haven't thought about this in a while, but when I was putting together this list, this book seemed like a great way to end my summer reading list!

And now, for the two books that haven't been released yet!

Wilde Like Me


Louise Pentland, who I love so much, has a book coming out! She's been talking about it for ages and I'm so excited to finally get my hands on a copy! It doesn't come out until June 29th, which is why it's not in my official list. But as soon as I get my copy, I will definitely be reading it!

All That She Can See

And here we have Carrie Hope Fletcher, my favourite YouTuber and one of my favourite people in the entire world. Unlike Louise (whose novel is her debut), this is Carrie's second novel, which is great. Especially because it sounds like it has magical elements, just like her first. Also, Carrie said in a video AGES ago that the protagonist of this novel would be a person of colour. If that's still true, I'm even more excited to read the book!

Thank you for reading!

What's on your summer reading list? Comment below!

Lou xx

Comments

  1. okay LITERALLY as I went through this post i kept continuously saying to myself ' add that to your summer reading too!' 'oh and that one too!' 'AND THAT ONE TOO'

    All of these sound amazing! I think we have similar taste in books! Ill definitely be coming back to this post throughout the summer when I need new books to read!

    LOVED this post!

    Jade

    http://accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Thank you so much! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'