Epic Fictional Love

Image result for bonnie and enzo
Image result for mia and sebastian
Image result for jim and pam

Hey Guys x

I'm sick of fuckboys. There, I said it, that is the sole purpose of this post, to marvel at the guys of movies and TV who actually get it right! Or at least, partly right.

I don't love the couples above (Bonnie and Enzo, Sebastian and Mia, Jim and Pam) because they're perfect couples, not in the slightest. I love them because they're epic.

You know, when you see a couple and you know that them being together is the doing of the universe rather than just chance or luck?

Whether they stayed together or not, their loves were epic.

Which brings me to the guys of this generation.

Why does it seem like there are so many more Chuck Bass's of the world than Jim Halperts?

I'm trying not to make this sound like a rant, or than I'm incredibly bitter, because I'm not. But I was watching The Vampire Diaries and The Office (simultaneously) last night, and I got the idea to write a post about the kind of love that only seems to happen in fictional worlds.

And that's not so say that all movie romances are epic, because some aren't. For example, Carrie and Big from 'Sex and the City'.

Image result for carrie and big

Now, whatever your stance on them, they are a couple from a TV show (and two movies) that stood the test of time.

However, they are not an epic love story in my opinion, and here's why:

I don't believe that you can turn a fuckboy into a boyfriend.

That's not to say guys can't change, because they can. But Big was not a teenager who grew up and saw the error of his ways. He messed Carrie around time and time again with no other explanation than 'I'm not ready for commitment' before going and getting (Spoiler Alert) married to Natasha, who he met in Paris. Not only do I believe he never really changed his ways, but I also think that this is what led Carrie to (Spoiler Alert) cheat on him in the second movie.

My point is, there are certain things that can turn a relationship into an epic love, and epic loves are my favourite thing in the world!

Thank you for reading

Who is your 'Epic Love' couple?

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review