Hidden Figures | Film Review

Image result for hidden figures poster

Hey Guys x

Today on my Oscar journey, it was the turn of Hidden Figures! This is one that I wasn't expecting to like that much, I assumed it would be all scientific and I wouldn't understand what was going on half the time, so I went into it with low expectations.

This film is about three African-American women who, in different ways, helped to send astronaut John Glenn into orbit, breaking all gender and race boundaries that they came across.

There's not much more to say about the film, that's the basic premise.

O M G

This film is fricking incredible. Honestly, it's the best film I've seen this year without a doubt and I can't stop thinking about it.

The story itself is amazing, and I'm so annoyed that this was a story that no one was telling, that no one had heard until this movie came out. Nowadays, space and NASA and the solar system are things that are explored on a daily basis, and it is much more common to hear about someone being sent into space. But that definitely would not be the case had it not been for these incredible women with their mathematics and programming and engineering.
I really wish that this was a well-known story, and that more people knew what they did.

However, everything about the film is on-point. The script, the acting, the actors and actresses, the directing, everything. There is not one thing about the film that I'd change.

The three main actresses were amazing, particularly Taraji P. Henson, who without a doubt should have been nominated for an Oscar because her performance, particularly in one scene, was astounding. It's the most amazing thing I've seen her do, and I've been a fan of hers for a while.

The thing that I loved the most about this film was how inspiring it was. I mean, this isn't a story about superheroes or people who were given the best chances to make things happen. These women worked and worked for every single thing that they achieved, and that is why they were so successful.

It tells you that you can do anything that you put your mind to, as these women did. It shows that women of all colours, people of all genders, can change the world.

It's an incredible film, and if you don't go and see it, you're definitely missing out on something incredible.

Thank you for reading.

Will you see this? Comment below!

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List