Which Posts Get the Most Reads?


Hey Guys x

I've been blogging for a long time, next year will be three years, so I've learned a lot about the types of posts that will get the most reads.

This isn't meant to be a guide for how to get blog views, more just something that interests me.

Also, this is very specific to my blog. For example, if I was a beauty blogger, my most read posts would be beauty posts, but as I'm not, beauty posts are my least viewed!

List Posts
Any 'Top 10' post tends to get a good few views because people like to measure your top 10 against their own. As well as that, list posts are easy to read because they tend to have pictures attached for each number that people can look at, which is nice. I also think they can be quite personal, which is quite a good way for your viewers to get to know you.

Favourites Posts
Favourites posts will always be popular, which is why so many of us do them every month, myself included. For me, a favourites post is great because I get to talk about movies and TV shows as well as everything else that I've been loving in a given month. I also love to read other people's favourites so I can find new things to try that I can put in my favourites for the next month.

Personal Posts
This one is a big hit. People love to be nosy and to see something personal about the blogger that they're getting to know through a computer screen. For me, these would be 'this person inspires me' posts, which I've written about Louise Pentland and Carrie Hope Fletcher. It gives people an insight into me as well as the things that I look up to these women for. I'm constantly playing with the idea of writing one of these posts about Robert Downey Jr, but I haven't decided if I actually will though!

Tag Posts
Tag posts are great because you can get other bloggers involved. You can tag other bloggers to answer the questions that you answered, and it's also kind of like a personal Q and A, which can be so much fun.

Award Posts
These are so good because they're a way to tell a blogger that you appreciate their contribution to the blogging world, and then the blogger that you nominated nominates other people who's contribution they also appreciate. One person being nominated for an award post does so much because all 11 (for example) people that you nominate nominates 11 people who then nominate 11 people and overall, there are hundreds of people who are impacted by your post. Amazing!

Blogmas Posts
It's coming to this time of year again and Blogmas posts will be in full force! I love reading Blogmas posts because they really get me into the Christmas spirit, and I love writing them for the same reason!

Rant Posts
People love to see other people pissed off about something, and I love to have a good rant on the blog, so it works out well! I haven't done a rant for a while but I love reading them whatever the case. I hope to have lots of thing to rant about in the new year!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below your favourite type of posts to read!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. A very interesting post Lou! I have also found that talking about more deep things get more views. Also award posts gain a lot of views! Quite informative. Awesome idea for a blog post. :)
    I hope you have a lovely day!
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Discussion posts get the most views on my blog. Top Ten Tuesdays are also pretty popular. Book reviews don’t get many views, though, which is sad because they take forever to write.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I wish book reviews got more views! xx

      Delete
  3. A great post and living proof that list posts work well! I also find that list posts work well, and I try to feature a few each month on my blog, perhaps because like you say they are personal and people love to hear about personal recommendations :) Keep up the great blogging! Gemma xx

    http://www.thecreativepalette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find that my monthly favourites posts do so well and I never understand why! I don't write them very often since personally, they aren't my favourite posts to write.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List