Different Types of Confidence


Hey Guys x

About 2 years ago (I can't believe I've been holding onto this post for so long!) I had a conversation with a friend about confidence.

I can't really remember the main point of the conversation, but she said that she thought that I was confident. I proceeded to laugh both inside and outside - confident was a way that I had never been described before (and probably won't be again to be honest).

When I asked her why, she said that she thought I was confident in myself - I know what I like and don't like, I know what kind of person I am.

That started me thinking about different types of confidence.

Is it possible to be completely confident inside and with yourself, but completely unconfident outside, where everyone can see you?

I don't know the answer to this question, but I do kind of agree with what she was saying. If you're not confident with who you are inside, there's no way you could be completely confident on the outside. I guess you could fake that confidence, but to be really confident, you should be confident with most aspects of yourself - I think...

And I guess I am confident with myself. I do know what I like and don't like.

I'm completely comfortable reading a book or writing a blog post when the popular people are at the pub getting drunk off their faces.

I also like the person that I am, which I guess helps. I enjoy being me. I enjoy being the person who reads and writes a lot and gets obsessed with Marvel and the Star Trek Reboot. The person who may not speak in class but is up for sharing their deepest darkest secrets with you over the phone at 2am. The person who could spend hours upon hours playing sims but won't bother putting on make-up before going to Uni. I like being this person and I hope that I continue being this person forever.

And I guess that does make me confident. I'm confident in the type of person that I am, and the person that I want to be in the future. I'm confident in what I like and what I don't like, I'm confident in some aspects of my life right now, and that makes me happy.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your specific type of confidence.

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Such a lovely insightful post, I definitely relate to the type of confidence your friend described you as :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the sort of person who gains confidence in front of different people, the more I get to know them and find out if I get on with them or not.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion