Why Write Romance?


Hey Guys x

Sorry for not posting on Monday - it was a busy day full of planning for exciting things that I won't mention in case they don't happen!

But for today's post, as you can tell, I want to talk about writing!

I write romance. When I try to write novels, romance is either the main storyline or a really strong subplot. Even when I write fanfictions, there is always an element of romance within it, because that's what I love to write.

But this is the first time that I've really explored why my default is always romance.

There are a few reasons for this, but I think the main one is the simplest one: I want to fall in love.

I am a hopeless romantic who is in love with the idea of love. Because of this, I love to make up characters and think of the most original ways that they can fall in love.

I find it really interesting to read about the different ways that people meet each other, the journeys that people go on to end up where they are now, with who they're with, and I love to help create this.

In addition to this, I love the fact that every single couple in the world has a different love story - no two stories or two people are the same, so it's really fun to think about 100 different ways that a couple could meet and to create these so that other people can see what's already in my head.

Because of this, romance is also what I love to read. Occasionally I'll read something where there is no romantic element and enjoy it, but romance is always that I look for and it's what I enjoy the most.

Unlike a lot of people, I really enjoy the clichés. I like the kissing in the rain and the airport declaration of love, it's just the best!

I'd love to try writing a horror or thriller novel with no element of romance, but for now, I think I'll stick with what I love!

Thank you for reading!

What do you like to write? Tell me in the comments!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I love writing but I struggle to write romance. I'd like to but I think it's difficult.
    Great post, this is interesting to think about xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same, the cliches are the best!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

April Favourites | 2015