I Believe In Ghosts!


Hey Guys x

In May last year (which seems so long ago!) I did a tag post. One of the questions in the tag were 'Do you believe in ghosts'. I said in that post that I 'might' do a separate post all about my belief in ghosts - I then didn't mention it again for over a year, so sorry about that!

But I thought that this would be a great time to do that post.

But first, let me give you a list of some of my favourite 'ghost-based' horror movies for you to hopefully enjoy!

The Conjuring 2
Insidious 2
Sinister
The Woman in Black
The Sixth Sense
Paranormal Activity
The Ring
Shutter
The Grudge

These are great films! If you also believe in ghosts, don't believe, or want to know more about them, watch some of these films! Of course, they're all fictional dramatizations, but they're entertaining nonetheless.

Anyway, onto my own beliefs!

I don't remember a specific time when I started believing, in fact I don't remember ever saying to anyone 'I believe in ghosts', it was just something that was always there.

When I was younger, I would never watch horror movies. I was really scared of them, of being home alone after watching them, and of hearing strange noises while being home alone.

And this was because I was scared of, well, not ghosts exactly. But things that you can't see that terrorise you for the fun of your fear. In movies, this could be ghosts, demons, conduits for evil, anything of the sort.

This fear turned into ghosts when my rational mind took over.

I am the most rational, logical person. I don't remember ever really believing in santa clause or the tooth fairy or anything. There was a significant period in my life when I was an atheist because religion didn't make any sense to me (I now believe in God, but not in any religion. Again, this could be another post that I might write up at a future time... probably in a year from now!), but ghosts is a thing that most people don't think is logical. But it is to me.

First of all, you can't ignore the evidence. I'm not going into it because it really freaks some people out, but if you're interested, google 'real life ghost stories' and you'll find plenty of people who claim to have been terrorised by ghosts.

And then comes the logic. Isn't it at all possible that death isn't the 'heaven' and 'hell' that a lot of people think? Couldn't there be a point in between where the dead (OK, this sounds crazy and scary) roam the earth, trying to put right any wrongs or... something.

I suppose to most of you I sound completely crazy, maybe I am crazy, but nevertheless, I think this is a really interesting thing to think about and an interesting conversation to have. If you want to talk with me about this some more, leave a comment or drop me an email, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have for me!

My email address is: Lous.world@hotmail.com

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your stance on ghosts - are you a believer?

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Spooky blog post Lou!! I would love to watch The Babadook but I don't have the nerves... I am not a big horror film lover but I do like ghost shows. I'm not sure whether I believe in ghosts right now...

    My Questions for you: What is your dream job and why? And... What is your favourite scent? And one more! Do you know what derealisation is and have you ever experienced it?
    Anyway, I hope you are having an awesome day!!
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try watching a mild horror movie! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  2. Such an interesting topic! Also, I would love to see a post on your beliefs in terms of religion and God.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely do one xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'