August Favourites | 2016

Hey Guys x

I'm running out of ways to introduce my favourites!

Comment below some things that you've been enjoying this month!

Favourite Movie: The Adjustment Bureau
Image result for the adjustment bureau

I love this film so much! It's about a couple who try to be together when fate is truly against them, it's a love story with a twist. I loved this because I felt like the main couple (Matt Damon and Emily Blunt) were truly in love, and I could picture their characters together forever. But also, I loved it because I felt like it's underrated as romance, and more about the action, but for me, the romance is amazing and easily the best aspect of the film.

Favourite TV Show: Britannia High
Image result for britannia high

OK, so if you're not from the UK, you probably won't have heard of this. If you are from the UK, you might still not know what this is. Britannia High is like the UK version of glee. It ran for 1 season (aka 9 episodes) in 2008 and 11 year old me completely fell in love with it! Thankfully, 16 year old me bought the DVD and 19 year old me still loves this show! The music is incredible, the actors were amazing and I really wish more people watched it when it was on so that it didn't have to get cancelled!

Favourite Song: Growing Pains (Britannia High)

OK, so you may not have watched Britannia High, but you have to listen to this song! It's one of the most beautiful songs in the show, and it's my favourite song right now, it makes me want to cry because it's so amazing!

Favourite YouTuber: Marcus Butler
Image result for marcus butler 2016

Marcus has been uploading videos every day on his second channel (MoreMarcus) and I just find him so entertaining! He does reaction videos, reading fanfiction videos, try not to laugh/cry/scream videos and I just really enjoy watching them when I need a moment of levity. I know a lot of people think that this type of thing is 'lazy content' or whatever, but to be honest, it's not everyday short film or inspirational video - sometimes we just need to have a bit of fun!

Favourite Game: Choices
Image result for choices game pixelberry

My sister practically forced me to play this game! It's made by Pixelberry, who also make 'High School Story', which is an amazing game! So I got it, I'm currently playing it and I'm really enjoying it. I really like simulation games where the characters can make their own decisions, and this is a really good representation of that!

Favourite Celebrity: Matt Damon


I am a huge fan of Matt Damon. I think he's a really great actor, and from watching interviews with him, I think he's quite a funny person too, which is definitely a plus for me! There are still a few films of his that I need to see (like 'The Martian') but I can't wait to see how his career continues because he deserves every success he has!

Favourite YouTube Video: How To Bake A Rainbow Cake

This is a Tanya Burr video. I love to watch her bake, I find it really therapeutic - so to find this video in my inbox on Sunday night was a really nice surprise! I think the cake looks delicious and I really want to give it a try myself! If you've ever made a cake like this, please let me know how hard it is so that I'm prepared!

Favourite Book: Shopaholic To The Rescue
Image result for shopaholic to the rescue

I don't normally have a 'favourite book' category (mainly because it reminds me that I haven't been reading as much as I should!) but this month, I had to mention Sophie Kinsella's latest book, 'Shopaholic to the Rescue'. I can't say too much about it because I'm going to review it soon, but the Shopaholic series is an amazing one and this book is amazing in it's own right!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below your own August Favourites!

Keep Smiling -  Lou xx

Comments

  1. Britannia high was literally my life, I still know all the lyrics off by heart! Loved your favourites you had such a brilliant selection of things :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I re-watched the series and knew every song! xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome favourites post Lou!! I will definitely have to read Shopaholic to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind on my YouTube subscription box, but I am really excited to watch Tanya's rainbow cake video!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List