October Favourites | 2015

Hey Guys x

I haven't done a lot of posts this month, but one thing that I definitely could not miss was my October Favourites, especially as I have so many amazing things to share with you guys this month!

I hope some of my favourites can become your favourites too!

Favourite Movie: The Visit


This movie... omg. If you're not one for jump scares, avoid this! But if you're a fan of horror, or anything a bit scary, watch this because it's one of the best horror movies that I've seen. I got it on a whim after hearing about it from a friend, and I am so glad that she told me about it because me, my sister, and my mum all loved it. Even my dad, who hates horror movies, enjoyed it, so give it a chance!

Favourite TV Show: Impractical Jokers


This show is amazing. Completely amazing and without a doubt the funniest thing on TV right now! It's about four high-school friends who basically embarrass each other by setting them different tasks involving the general public. Whenever they refuse to do a task, they get one loss. Whoever has the most losses at the end of the episode has to do  a punishment, which they're not allowed to refuse. It's a simple format, but it's hilarious, mainly because of how well the guys know each other, so they know what will push each other's buttons. Look up some of the clips on YouTube to see how funny it is!

Favourite Song: Wings


I have fallen in love with this song! Particularly the acoustic version, which is one of the most beautiful songs that I've heard. Honestly, listen to it, it's amazing!

Favourite YouTuber: Louise Pentland















(Picture from Louise's Instagram)

This month, Louise has just inspired me so much and shown just how amazing she is. I'm going to talk about that more later in this post, but her pink hair and the reason behind it is just beautiful.

Favourite Game: Kim Kardashian: Hollywood


I went through a phase of loving this game, then not really bothering with it, but I'm in the love phase again! I think the idea behind it is quite clever, and I love the different tasks that you have to do. I also love that, the further you are into the game, the more Kardashian's and Jenner's you meet and make friends with. It's great fun!

Favourite Celebrity: Jay McGuiness


I loved Jay when he was in The Wanted, and I love him even more now that he's on Strictly Come Dancing (A show in the UK where celebrities and professional dancers team up to try and get the most votes to win the show). He's an amazing dancer and I really hope that he'll get far in the show because he really deserves to!

Favourite YouTube Video: My Pink Hair Story


This is Louise's video where she is talking about why she has dyed her hair pink. It's a really sad video, so brace yourself before watching it, but in it, she talks in a lot more detail than she ever has before about the death of her mother and the effect that this had on her and her family. It's truly inspirational and you should definitely watch it if you haven't already!

Random Favourites

Doctor Foster


This is a five-part drama that has just finished in the UK. I don't know if there's a way for you to watch it, but I wanted to give it a quick mention because I loved it! It was about a doctor called Gemma Foster, who discovers that her husband has been cheating on her. What she does next is great, and although she may come across a little bit crazy, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Harry Potter


My sister and I have been loving Harry Potter this week. We've been watching a film a night and my love for the films has certainly been re-affirmed! As well as my respect for JK Rowling, who is an amazing woman and an inspiration for someone who wants to write something that is even a sixteenth as good as these books have been!

Thank you for reading

Comment below some of your October favourites!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion