Baking Marble Cake!


 
Last week Saturday, I made Marble cake with my mum and sister!

So obviously I got my camera out so I could show you what we were doing!

A few of you have commented on my baking posts, telling me to bake more, so I thought that I'd take a load of pictures and talk you through the recipe so you can make it too!

The weirdest thing about this recipe is that you are literally making two cakes and putting them together! You'll see what I mean!

Ingredients

Self-raising flour
 
Vanilla Extract





Unsalted butter
 
Milk 


 
 
Sugar


 
 
4 Eggs

 
Cocoa powder


Method
I'm going to explain the recipe for the chocolate part of the cake. The vanilla part is exactly the same but with vanilla essence rather than cocoa powder. (Just don't want to write the same thing out twice!)

1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4) and grease a loaf tin.

2) Put 125g of sugar and 125g of butter in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy.






 
3) Add one egg and stir until smooth. Then do the same with the second egg.




 
4) Sieve 115g of flour and 2 table-spoons of cocoa powder into the mixture. Then add the milk and beat together until smooth.






 
5) Do the exact same thing again in a separate bowl, but substitute the cocoa powder for 1 table-spoon of vanilla essence.
 
6) Add the chocolate and vanilla into the loaf tin bit by bit. Then create a swirl pattern on the top.








7) Bake for 45-50 minutes

8) Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope you make your own versions! I got this recipe from the Baking Mad website.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your favourite type of cake!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Ooo, this looks lovely! Unfortunately I can't follow the exact recipe you used because I can't eat gluten but you've inspired me to look for a flour free version! <3

    https://goodmorningbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I hope you find a flour free version, food intolerances are the most annoying thing! xx

      Delete
  2. I used to make this a lot when I was younger, it's delicious! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion